Quality, Safety & Compliance Manager (2021-62)
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Quality, Safety and Compliance Manager will have overall accountability for the Western Care Association Quality and Safety Management System, to ensure the safety of care for all service users, and staff, and to continuously improve the quality of care we deliver.
This role shall include the establishment of a new Quality, Safety and Compliance Team, and the ongoing development of an integrated quality and safety management system, in line with the National Standards for Safer Better Healthcare, and all service related regulatory requirements of Western Care Association across all areas of the Organisation.
Supporting an organisational culture that embraces positive risk taking within a person-centred and self-directed model of service in line with service user’s priorities, rights, will and preference will be paramount.
- An academic award in Quality, Safety, Risk Management or Clinical Governance in Healthcare at level 7 (or higher) on the Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) framework or equivalent
- A professional qualification in a health related area
- Experience of working in a post that has involved safety, risk management, quality improvement and regulatory compliance.
- Experience of leading change at senior organisational level.
- Excellent IT Skills required
- Ability to analyse and interrogate data to present to Management and other relevant stakeholders
- Ability to present and lead training events
- Good community skills
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm to stay true to the ethos of the services
- An appetite for change, challenge and enhancement
- An understanding and appreciation of equality and life quality for all people
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Applicants must have excellent communication skills
- Ability to problem-solve and be creative around service responses
- Full clean driver’s license and use of vehicle for work is essential
- All applicants will be subject to Irish Garda Vetting & Reference checks
- All applicants will be required to access Overseas Police Clearance if they have lived outside of the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland more than 6 months since the age of 18 years
- Competitive salary
- Pension and Life Insurance Scheme
- Annual leave in excess of statutory entitlement
- Sick pay scheme
- Staff initiatives e.g. Employee Assistance Programme, Bike-to-Work Scheme
- Dedicated learning and development
- Flexible working opportunities