Health & Safety Officer (2021-63)
Reporting to the Quality and Safety Manager, the Health and Safety Officer will have responsibility for the administration of all aspects of the safety and risk systems within Western Care Association, to safely support service users, staff and to continuously improve the quality of care and support we deliver.
The successful applicant will support an organisational culture that embraces positive risk taking within a person-centred and self-directed model of service in line with service user priorities and rights.
They will also be responsible for the implementation of Western Care Association’s Health and Safety Programme in line with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and associated statutory instruments and while supporting the Quality and Safety Manager in the development of organisational measures.
- An academic award in Quality, Safety, Risk Management or Clinical Governance in Healthcare at a minimum of level 6 (or higher) on the Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) framework or equivalent.
- Experience of working in a post that has involved safety, risk management, quality improvement and/or regulatory compliance.
- Experience of participating in quality processes and/or initiatives.
- Excellent IT Skills required
- Ability to analyse and interrogate data to present to Management and other relevant stakeholders
- Ability to present and lead training events
- Good community skills
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm to stay true to the ethos of the services
- An appetite for change, challenge and enhancement
- An understanding and appreciation of equality and life quality for all people
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Applicants must have excellent communication skills
- Ability to problem-solve and be creative around service responses
- Full clean driver’s license and use of vehicle for work is essential
- All applicants will be subject to Irish Garda Vetting & Reference checks
- All applicants will be required to access Overseas Police Clearance if they have lived outside of the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland more than 6 months since the age of 18 years
- Competitive salary
- Pension and Life Insurance Scheme
- Annual leave in excess of statutory entitlement
- Sick pay scheme
- Staff initiatives e.g. Employee Assistance Programme, Bike-to-Work Scheme
- Dedicated learning and development
- Flexible working opportunities