Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Health & Safety Officer
Health & Safety Officer Role [Multiple Roles]
Coyle Group | International Recruitment & Safety Solutions - Dublin
Health & Safety Officer - Various Construction Projects - Ireland
Minimum 5+ years experience in large scale construction, civils
Scope of duties:
Safety Supervisory & safety management experience
- Ensure client’s safety systems are up to date and followed – familiarity and experience with relevant safety ISO standards essential. Will need to work independently.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulation in both UK and Ireland desirable
- Construction background essential, utilities an advantage
- Will be based in Dublin Ireland but will be required to travel to sites and maybe positioned on one major project.
- Carry out daily site safety inspections and site safety audits and action any issues that may arise. Review contractors documentation and carry out contractor inductions
- Ensure contractor and company employees’ safety documentation is in order; safety training is up to date and valid for work been carried out. Maintain training database.
- Contractor’s machinery is certified and relevant documentation is completed daily and weekly.
- Accompany client’s management on weekly audits and action audit reports.
- Take lead role in engaging with internal and external auditors.Carry out weekly safety meetings / walks
- Assist in project design and planning meetings giving a input on safety
- Compile job specific method statements in conjunction with engineers and develop risk assessments
- Develop site specific safety statements/RAMS
- Ensure job safety packs are updated and relevant documentation has been signed off by contractors and company employees.
- Update and review risk assessments on an ongoing basis
- Compile and carry out toolbox talks where necessary
- Welfare and Hygiene facilities are in place managed and maintained
- Manage accident and incident investigations and compile relevant reports
- Job specific PPE is in place and records maintained.
Day to day
- Attend meetings with clients and action any health and safety issues that may arise.
- Develop emergency plans and procedures, safe systems of work plans, permits to work
- Compile safety reports
- Ensure contractors and company employees comply with the safety & health management plans, policies and procedures
- Supervise subcontractor compliance
- Advise client on legislation changes, monitor and where applicable suggest improvements to management system.
Knowledgeable in Excel, Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Windows Operating System
Very good English writing and conversation skills
Annual Gross Euro 50k Negotiable up or down depending on experience / skills
Salary + Accommodation + Expenses + Hours
Apply with CV and any recent project experience as well as details of your availability for interview and your salary expectations.
Coyle Group, Ireland