Health and Safety Officer - Dublin
MCR GROUP is seeking an experienced and ambitious Health and Safety Officer for projects in Dublin.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who has the drive, determination and capability to maintain and improve Health and Safety systems for our client. They must act as a role model for the company in ensuring that the highest standard of health and safety is implemented for our client.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Officer:
- Proactively champion the health and safety function, and safe working practices across the company's activities and operations.
- Monitor legislative updates, ensuring necessary changes are applied promptly.
- Responsible for the preparation of health and safety plans and risk assessments, site audits and reporting.
- Support in the completion of Safety Induction Training for all new employees and sub-contractors, and maintain documentary evidence.
- Develop Emergency, Evacuation and Traffic Management Plans for sites.
- Assist in Safety Audits.
- Investigate, record and report accidents, incidents and near-misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented with delay.
- Review sub-contractor Safety Statements and Safety Compliance.
- Attend regular Health and Safety meetings.
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and regulations.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement.
- Strong IT/Administration skills are essential.
- Maintain training records of all site personnel.
- Have first-hand knowledge and experience with ISO9001, 14001 and 18001, assist with audits, and liaise with external auditors.
Desirable Skills and Experience of Health and Safety Officer:
- Minimum of Diploma in Health and Safety related field.
- Have at least 5 years experience in a similar role within Construction.
- Willingness to show initiative and drive in addition to being a team player.
- Must be IT proficient in terms of the full Microsoft Office Suite.
- Full, clean drivers' license.
Expected Start Date: As soon as a suitable candidate presents.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent.
Please only apply if you meet the minimum requirements.